Countersink nut

Construct101 Forums All Topics Countersink nut

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #78270


    Hello all, I am new to working with wood but I notice in some plans it says to countersink the washer and nut. What does this mean and how do I do this. Thank you in advance for your time. I apologise for my ignorance


    The idea of countersinking is to have the screw or nut below the top of the project.  You can use countersink bits found in all stores or Amazon and/or  Hoping this helps you sir…

    Definition:  “A countersink is a cutting tool that puts a conical hole into an object. A common use is to allow the head of a countersunk bolt or screw, when placed in the hole, to sit flush with or below the surface.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.